Friday, May 25, 2007

Michel Bras

Summer has arrived and flowers are starting to make everything more beautiful, when I see all these natural colours they remind me of a famous dish from the 70's, that still exists these days, made by the 3-star chef Michel Bras, the Gargouillou de jeunes légumes, in his restaurant in Route de l’Aubrac, Laguiole, is composed of a variety of vegetables, herbs and seasonal flowers, he says "The creation of the Gargouillou is the culmination of my art. It is the core of the music I bring to the table, rising from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my tongue. It's a dish that suits my temperament", he uses nature as a source of inspiration and that, too, inspires me to create. I believe nature gives us the chance to use many of its elements to make people smile, and this is an example the beauty Bras creates and of his most successful dishes seen in his restaurant. I have not yet tried it but soon I will go to this restaurant in the south of France. He is a chef that I respect a lot and whose cuisine inspires me.

2 comments:

JD said...

Hi Rodrigo,
My name is Jeff and I'm a big fan of your blog. I am a student/cook from Canada and I was hoping I could ask you a few questions about Institute Paul Bocuse. I'm very interested in studying there. So if you could please email me with your email address, that would be much appreciated.
My email is: jdthejedi@gmail.com

Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

felicitation pour ce merveilleux site!!

tu vas tous nous manquer, tu vas ME manquer!!
bonne continuation !!

ciao bello
laetitia