Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Food and the Soul - part two

It is ironic to talk about health and looking after yourself when my own system is not working properly at the moment, but this is also an opportunity to remember that health issues are important and things can go wrong at any time, that is the reality. The importance of having a healthy lifestyle should not be forgotten, even if our mind or body is going through a period of crisis. Personally, when I eat well I find it easier to look after my body and my mind, and honestly, a good meal fills me with such pleasant feelings inside that it can make problems easier to deal with. Drinking herbal teas, fresh fruit juice, and pure water and eating simple foods like organic vegetables and honey can purify our bodies and clear our minds. Make that soup that makes you happy, or those sweet home made biscuits and a cup of hot chocolate on a rainy day. Listen to your body and please your soul and your spirit, not only your stomach. I stopped eating fast food four years ago, and now when I walk beside one of those places I feel fresh and clean inside. Think about it: we need food to survive, it is the lifeblood of our bodies, so we ought to do it properly. Food can help you or harm you, so make the right choice and care for your body and your soul.

Illustration by Andres Pacheco RGB Studios

No comments: